After pick-up at your hotel we cycle to the Thanh Ha pottery village. You will experience the villager’s daily life and observe a 91 year old woman making pottery using the skills and techniques learned over a lifetime. Thanh Ha Pottery Village has been famous for pottery since the 16th century and creates a huge range of items including bricks and tiles, bowls and pots and many types of ornaments and figurines. The local people show you how to create pottery and offer you the opportunity to make your own creations.
We then cycle through the surrounding countrysideof the Duy Son village near My Son Sanctuary. This once beautiful and extensive religious centre is the site of an ancient Indian Hindu culture and was developed under King Bhadravarvan of the Champa Kingdom during the 4th and 13th centuries. It is now a World Heritage site in a cool valley with the sound of running water nearby.
Our route takes us past immense fields of rice and corn where the local people use the same cultivation methods as their ancestors did hundreds of years ago. Discover local handicrafts, including weaving linen and traditional sleeping mats, still used in the countryside today and learn some of the local history and customs all the while surrounded by peace and quiet, far away from the bustling cities and tourist areas.
There will be ample time to meet the friendly local people and share unique moments.
We lunch at a local restaurant and then visit the My Son World Heritage Site where you can explore at your leisure. Our guide will be delighted to explain the history of My Son Holy Land.
We will return to Hoian by mini-van and drop you at your hotel or our office.
Price and Booking
- Depart From: Our office or your hotel
- End At: Our office or drop-off at your hotel
- Start Time: 8:00 am
- Finish Time: 4:00 pm
- Duration: 8 hours
- Departure Days: Daily
- Highlights: Awesome scenery, My Son Holy Land, Thanh ha pottery village
- Transportation: Mountain bike, mini-van
- Meals: Lunch, coffee, tea and purified drinking water
- What to Bring: Sunscreen, hat, camera and sports shoes
- What is Included: English speaking guide, bike, entrance fee, water, coffee, tea
- What is not Included: Your own Travel Insurance is recommended.